Bit Better Book Club πŸŽ‰

Weeks 39 and 40: Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience 🌊

Welcome to Weeks 39 and 40. Time to read:

Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Just 24 pages a day to finish it in 2 weeks :raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m still reading the last one! Why are books so long? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So we could have more fun for the same price? :thinking:

2 Likes

It somehow takes me forever to read through 48 Laws of Power. I’ll have to skip on this one and possibly the next one :confused:

It required some time, that’s true. So you skip Flow and join us for NVC, @mbrochh ? :>

I wasn’t sure if I should join in because I have plenty of books to read for university and on my bookshelf, but of course you guys picked the one book I was dying to read… So I guess I’m in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion, it plays well with β€œA Man’s Search for Meaning” that we read last month. Both authors are heavily influenced by the experiences of World War 2 and how people function in highly unfavorable circumstances.

One shows that in order to persevere you need to have some meaning, the other shows how you can find this meaning yourself.

Other than that, Csikszentmihalyi is the second most often quoted author among the books we’ve read this year, with the first one being Kahneman :slight_smile:

Today’s Daily Calm is focused on Flow. If you’d like to hear a guided meditation focused on Flow but don’t have a Calm account, you can use this link for a free trial: https://www.calm.com/gp/pazy56