Bit Better Book Club ๐ŸŽ‰

Weeks 31 and 32: Influence ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš•๏ธ

Welcome to weeks 31 and 32!

Time to read:

Influence by Robert B. Cialdini

How many times have you been played for a sucker by a seller who sold you something you didnโ€™t even want? The author of the book had it one time too many. Thatโ€™s why he decided to research what methods of influence work on people.

His approach? Start working in positions that require an influential approach and learn from the best. Door-to-door salespeople, street fundraisers, and other professionals have their ways of meeting their goals.

Bad news? You canโ€™t get immunity from these tactics. Good news? You can at least learn to recognize them!

Fun fact: This is the most recommended book in our database so far!

Just 24 pages (or 44 minutes for an audiobook) a day to finish it in 2 weeks :raised_hands:

Loved the book. At one point, I was highlighting something on every page!

I think I read it before โ€œThinking, Fast and Slow,โ€ though Iโ€™mnot entirely sure. Both books have a lot in common as Cialdini was following Kahnemanโ€™s research about how our brains work.

In my opinion, this book is closer to โ€œAtomic Habitsโ€ as it first shows the theory (enough of it so you feel informed) and then directly goes to show pratical application.

Itโ€™s great that you can learn not only how to influence people, but also how to defend yourself against different manipulations.

Also, itโ€™s a very light read. The information is presented in a way that makes it a pleasure to digest.

1 Like