Bit Better Book Club 🎉

Weeks 17 and 18: Antifragile 🌲

Welcome to weeks 17 and 18!

Time to read:

Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

A continuation to “The Black Swan” that we’ve covered last year, this book explains how to benefit from chaos and disruption. The world as we know it is changing and it’s better to adapt to the change than to hope it won’t happen.

Personally, I found this book really insightful and worth reading. I don’t necessarily agree with all of the author’s points nor did I very much enjoy the style of writing. What I appreciated, though, was a change of perspective this book gave me. A paradigm shift, as Stephen Covey would probably say.

Just 39 pages (or 1 hour and 10 minutes for an audiobook) a day to finish it in 2 weeks :raised_hands:

I really liked the concept of antifragility. I remembered Taleb’s style from last year’s The Black Swan. I find him hard to read but the content feels well-researched and complete. I skimmed it, making lots of notes along the way. It was worth it.

I read this around two years ago, I think.

It was the first Taleb book I tried. Same comments regarding the style which is rather barbaric. But the content really made me think and see things from a different perspective!

It also started my interest with philosophy and ethics in general for which I am really grateful.

When I finished this book, I felt the need to buy a dozen copies and give them as gifts to various people in my life. I believe this is something everyone can benefit from reading (though I won’t say it is something everyone should read, as I understand the style may be too off-putting).

1 Like