Bit Better Book Club 🎉

Weeks 1 and 2: Indistractable đź©°

A new year is here and we’re still in the reading habit!

Time to read:

Indistractable by Nir Eyal

We want to make sure we’ll be able to maintain our good habits and drop the bad ones. The ability to resist distractions may be one of the most important skills to learn. We’ve read Nir Eyal’s book before, “Hooked”, and it was well-received.

“Indistractable” is one of the often recommended books of the last year. To see other popular books, check our own collection at https://books.bitbetter.club/browse-books !

Just 22 pages (or 23 minutes) a day to finish it in 2 weeks :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks @doomhammer for continuing the weekly posts. :v: Really appreciate this “nudge”! :smirk:

Here are some bonus materials: https://www.nirandfar.com/indistractable-resources/

I have found it a little bit weird that he’s also written Hooked - book about how to build products that people can’t put down. Also haven’t found anything super innovative in Indistractable so far, but let’s see how it goes in the other half of the book

How does this compare to Cal Newports “Digital Mininalism” and “Deep Work”?

So I’m at the 60% mark, and I gotta say I find this book to be very very weak. There is nothing in here that we haven’t seen in many other books.

I found Digital Minimalism and Deep Work by Newport to be much more inspiring.

Haven’t read “DIgital Minimalism” but I agree that the book is weak compared to others we’ve been reading so far.

Judging from the huge number of recommendations I hoped for something genuinely new. Turns out I already practice most of the suggestions from the book.

Haven’t read “Digital Minimalism” neither. I’ve read “Deep Work” and I had mixed feeling about it - my expectations were higher and I did not enjoy the structure of the book (looked like the combination of the blog posts). But if I had to compare “Indistractable” and “Deep Work”, I’d say that I prefer the latter

2 Likes

I liked part 6 - raising indistractable children. :crossed_fingers:
Rest was skippable - I’ve already learnt these over the years; would’ve been super helpful 5 years ago!

Exactly.

I started reading in order to learn as much as possible. While reading it turned out I already know everything and do everything and I should probably write a book about it.

Geee!